Bett Middle East 2017 brought together regional senior education leaders and esteemed global speakers under the theme: “Igniting Excitement through Innovation in Learning”, and connected over 1,600 education leaders and educators to discuss educational transformation within the MENA region.
سمو الشيخ هزاع بن زايد آل نهيان
نائب رئيس المجلس التنفيذي لإمارة أبوظبي
H.H. Sheikh Hazza bin Zayed Al Nahyan
Vice Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Executive Council
This year saw Bett Middle East feature 35 exhibitors, 150 expert speakers and over 50 hours of engaging, CPD-accredited sessions. Topics included Digital Transformation, Skills and Employability, Equitable and Inclusive Education, Change Management and Personalized and Project-based Learning. In addition, the Bett Expo, acted as a platform to welcome the new Learn Live theatre’s student-led sessions.
Bett also held its first awards ceremony during the gala dinner for its newly announced Bett Middle East Awards. Recognizing novelty and creativity from across the region’s education sector with 200 attendees, the BETT Middle East Awards honored 12 nominees.
His Excellency Dr. Ali Al Nuaimi, ADEC’s Director General, welcomed all to Bett Middle East: “It is with great honor that this event is under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Hazza bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the Vice Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Executive Council, who looks forward to a successful outcome. Your excellency, ladies and gentleman, principals, teachers and students, ADEC is happy to partner with Bett to create a high notch education platform that not only enhances networking opportunities for Abu Dhabi, but for the region, one that brings about best practices and experiences in education.”
Day 1 highlights included:
- Sir John Jones Keynote presentation on ‘The Magic Weaving business’
- Anthony Salcito, Worldwide Education Vice President, Microsoft keynote ‘Enabling the digital transformation of education to empower student success’
- Ministerial address from Dr. Tarek Shawki, Minister of Education & Technical Education, Ministry of Education – Egypt
- More Keynotes including leaders and decision-makers from the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, United Kingdom, Egypt, and Oman
- Voice of the student showcasing inventions and award-winning projects from ADEC and GEMS in the Learn Live
- Microsoft held a “Digital Transformation Track” and introduced the Teachers Academy
Day 2 of Bett Middle East hosted more various keynote sessions including leaders and decision-makers from the International Association for Evaluation of Educational Achievement in Netherlands, Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Education, and France’s Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development. Panel sessions included topics such as learning and skills demand trends and possibilities and inclusive education.
Day 2 highlights included:
- Keynote speakers form Saudi Arabia, UAE, United Kingdom, Qatar, Netherlands, France, Oman & more
- Session on Nayif-1, the UAE’s first Nano-Satellite Project, A joint project between the American University of Sharjah (AUS) and the Mohammad bin Rashid Space Center (MBRSC)
- UNESCO Regional Education Leaders Panel discussion – ‘Implementing a roadmap for equitable and inclusive education’
- ‘Encouraging moral education within the classroom’ - ADEC led session in the Learn Live theatre
- More innovation, interactive session & new technologies on the Expo floor from our 35+ exhibitors